Wtb ccc m915

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

simp5782

I'm the dude, man!
Looking for a CCC built M915. These trucks had the CAT 16 speed behind the BCI and not the allison like the A1 models.

Wouldn't mind a cheap 915A1 but sourcing the other parts needed is costly.

Thanks.

snowtrac nome

a lot of the 915's wer changed over to the a-1 model and had Allisons added. I drove an up armored version in Iraq and was quite impressed. You have to remember that because the auto trans makes its shift under turbo boost, not as much power is lost on a shift, unlike the manual transmission, which is why they don't need as many gears to do the same work. The big draw back with the auto is not having a double overdrive but a brownie could fix that to.

NDT

Actually most all 915A0s got made into M915A4s with Freightliner glider kits.

simp5782

I'm the dude, man!
a lot of the 915's wer changed over to the a-1 model and had Allisons added. I drove an up armored version in Iraq and was quite impressed. You have to remember that because the auto trans makes its shift under turbo boost, not as much power is lost on a shift, unlike the manual transmission, which is why they don't need as many gears to do the same work. The big draw back with the auto is not having a double overdrive but a brownie could fix that to.
The cat 7155 is not a double overdrive unit. Single .83. The cat is also 93 percent efficient on power output. I prefer the cat to the allison honestly. My 923 with the BCIII and 16spd will walk on a 915A1 even loaded. The empty conex load test ive done with my truck. A 916 and a 915a1 yielded my 923 maintaining 56 to the top. 916 with 7155 doing 48 at its slowest point and the 915a1 doing 44.

snowtrac nome

I to prefer the cat transmission and it has its advantages on the highway but if your like me out here on the dirt or off road most of the time an automatic wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, especially if the truck was in nice condition.