WTB: M1008 CUCV Front Leaf Springs (VA)

Looking to ditch the lift springs on the front of my truck to make it easier to finish up my engine swap. The truck is a 1986 M1008. I live in Virginia and am willing to drive a reasonable distance in the mid-atlantic region.

cucvrus

I have a complete set of 4 leaf springs I bought brand new for $1200. They were on a M1008 I used as a plow truck until it was wrecked. The set of springs are Dayton made at Stanley Springs Harrisburg PA. The front spring packs have the 4 ply and it makes the truck set very nice and ride great. Even with the added weight of a large Fisher plow it barely deflected. Minor rust but the stickers with the part numbers are still on all 4 spring packs. Reasonable offer will be accepted. Jonestown PA I 81 exit 90.

joshuak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's about a 3-hour drive. Not too bad. Do they have a lot of rust? How much are you looking to get for them?
Surface rust if anything, I wire wheeled them after taking them off and never painted them. Free.99, they've escaped a couple scrap runs. Rather see them get used.

I may be interested in your lift spings, if they're for sale. Happen to know brand and size?

Surface rust if anything, I wire wheeled them after taking them off and never painted them. Free.99, they've escaped a couple scrap runs. Rather see them get used.

I may be interested in your lift spings, if they're for sale. Happen to know brand and size?
Thanks. That would be great. Could you snap a few photos so I can be sure they are the right ones? I'm still learning about the CUCV. I think my truck should have the 3 leaf pack that has an "inverted arch" when installed.

The previous owner didn't have much info about the truck. I believe it has the stock springs (please correct me if wrong, see photos) in the rear with a 3" lift block. The fronts I do not know much about. They had some homemade shackles. I removed those and installed 4.5" heavy duty shackles from Off Road Design. The front end of the truck is about ~1.5" taller than the rear of the truck as is (blocks still installed).

2020-06-28 10.41.40.jpg
2020-08-02 09.08.55.jpg
2020-08-02 11.01.33.jpg

I have a complete set of 4 leaf springs I bought brand new for $1200. They were on a M1008 I used as a plow truck until it was wrecked. The set of springs are Dayton made at Stanley Springs Harrisburg PA. The front spring packs have the 4 ply and it makes the truck set very nice and ride great. Even with the added weight of a large Fisher plow it barely deflected. Minor rust but the stickers with the part numbers are still on all 4 spring packs. Reasonable offer will be accepted. Jonestown PA I 81 exit 90.
Thanks, but I have a set of rear springs. I believe my truck should have a 3-leaf pack in the front. If the 4-leaf is a heavy duty one I fear I would be driving down the road with the Carolina Squat or Cali Lean. I did on LS swap so the front end is significantly lighter than with the diesel.

joshuak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. That would be great. Could you snap a few photos so I can be sure they are the right ones? I'm still learning about the CUCV. I think my truck should have the 3 leaf pack that has an "inverted arch" when installed.
Yep, 3 leaf pack, inverted arch. Pictures, sure will do so this evening when I get home. You'll need new bushings which you'd probably want anyway and a new center pin for the leafs.

Good call going ORD on front shackles, those home brews were something...

cucvrus

The previous owner didn't have much info about the truck. I believe it has the stock springs (please correct me if wrong, see photos) in the rear with a 3" lift block. The fronts I do not know much about. They had some homemade shackles. I removed those and installed 4.5" heavy duty shackles from Off Road Design. The front end of the truck is about ~1.5" taller than the rear of the truck as is (blocks still installed).

View attachment 807806
View attachment 807807
View attachment 807808
I was a bit confused when you mentioned that you had an M1008 that needed springs.
(Looking to ditch the lift springs on the front of my truck to make it easier to finish up my engine swap. The truck is a 1986 M1008.)
Then you post pictures of 6 bolt Cooperate 10 bolt axles. I agree that the springs I have are too much suspension for an M1009 if that is what is in the picture. I can not tell by studying the pictures if it is an M1009 or an M1008. But I know they are cooperate 10 bolts. Take Care and Be Safe.

It is a CUCV. But it was stripped of it's good axles. Long story. The truck is an 86 but has axles from a mid-70s half ton truck. It has a Dana 44 front and a 12-bolt rear at the moment. I am working at sourcing a 14-bolt and Dana 60.

cucvrus

I have the Dana 60 and the 14 bolt from an 86 K30. 4:10 gears. I also have the CUCV 4;56 rear axle with the locker. just putting that out there for you.
Sourcing, also known as procurement, is the practice of locating and selecting businesses or individuals based on set criteria. Sourcing is carried out in business in many different areas and for different reasons. One of the most common uses of sourcing is in supply chain management.
Source no more. I have what you need. Delivery available at extra cost. Take Care Be safe.

Last edited:

joshuak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not the set I thought I had, but I offered. So, still gives you what you want, just need to pull out the add a leafs someone put in there. I won’t use them, same price.

65FBE6B3-E930-4E2D-80D4-1A990B775815.jpeg

E39F76B7-7DE5-41A1-9FA3-60C573FB7113.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks