WTB: USAF Ford Econoline

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spotted this vehicle for sale in Eldorado, Texas back on Feb. 9, 2020 while passing through that little Texas city.

Having too many irons in the fire already, my only pursuit was a single phone call to bring forth the reality that I don't have time for yet another vehicle project. I have no idea whether it is still available or not. Give the fellow a call if you're interested. His number is in one of the photos.

IMG_4394.JPGIMG_4395.JPGIMG_4396.JPGIMG_4397.JPGIMG_4398.JPGIMG_4399.JPG

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you know if that was an Air Force truck, or did you never even make it across the fence?
I do not know its history. but remember asking why it carries out of state license plates... how long he'd had it, etc. My recollection is vague on his answers though since my "reality check" curbed my real interest in it.

Nor did I get any closer to it than those photos show. We were on our way to San Antonio for a conference and only called the guy a few days after our return. So, we never hooked up for a look-see.

Just looking at the pics, the chrome front bumper would indicate non-military, but bumpers can be changes to easily to be "evidence" either way. It also has what looks like a "standard" radio antenna on the front right corner. I don't thing the MV's had factory radios onboard.

It DOES look to be pretty straight, and not showing signs of "body cancer" (rust through) in the typical locations.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks