• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

X-15 Rocket Plane Flight Manual (.pdf)

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Everything you wanted to know about USAF's X-15 rocket plane but were afraid to ask.

X-15 Flight Manual

Click the title area at top (red) to see the complete manual.
Click the lower links to see separate sections.

To download it (.pdf) - right click, click save link as , then save.

zout

I just want a ride in the flying saucer from Roswell they have - might need a flight manual on that forehand as well.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just want a ride in the flying saucer from Roswell they have - might need a flight manual on that forehand as well.

Zout,
You'll also need language classes for that one - It's NOT written in English.

BTW: My wife was a German Linguist in the Army. She's "gifted" in picking up languages AND she was born in Roswell, NM almost exactly 20 years after the crash landing.... I DO BELIEVE that the gestation period for alien babies also happens to be 20 years! She might be able to translate that manual for you.

Coincidence?...... NOT ! ! !

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
I bought the DVD X-15 on e-bay a few years ago. I really enjoy it. The Air Force gave the producer a lot of support as it is full of real footage in the air and on the ground. Lots of MV's, crash trucks, B52's, F100's, a Piasecki H-21, a few F-104's...Film is in color and dates around 1961. Charles Bronson has a part as does Jimmy Stewart. Attached below is a clip from the film. I noticed it is now on TPB. The wiki says, 'As of 2011, it holds the official world record for the fastest speed ever reached by a manned rocket-powered aircraft", U-tube has a slideshow of the damage it sustained during that flight.

Mach 6.7, pretty impressive, and 45y ago.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHuBsBOF4R8&feature=related[/media]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-15_(film)

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks