• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM708

Cabell,

Rather than steal Keith's thread, here's a pic of Pete K's XM708 at one of our fall trail rides. Don't know if this let's you get a vision of the mud flaps or not. I looked for one from the back, but all I have are a lot of the front end. (The photographer was riding in the back of a deuce just ahead of this truck on the ride.) I may have an old print in my files that shows the back end better. I'll look for that a little later.

Note the height of the box frame above the wheel. That's about the only giveaway from the side.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cabell, love to see updated pics on any work you have done on your XM708. That's a rare bird, and it would be a great looker at the next Aberdeen! :)

CGarbee

Thanks for the photos... The bedsides also are different so somebody who knows could tell that the bed is not a M37, but you are right about that tire clearance beeing a big giveaway... :) Great seeing it with the canvas on the bed as well as getting a view of the flaps.

Not much to see with mine right now... I haven't started any cosmetic work yet. I've been too busy assembling parts for it (going to replace the entire driveline since the one that was in it was parted by the former owner and I've got a donor truck to pull pieces from...). I've got two other projects that I have to run through the body shop before I start blasting and painting on the little dumper...

I really want to have it at Aberdeen along with its big brother. (and my cooking gear).

CCATLETT1984

Re: RE: XM708

CGarbee said:
Thanks for the photos... The bedsides also are different so somebody who knows could tell that the bed is not a M37, but you are right about that tire clearance beeing a big giveaway... :) Great seeing it with the canvas on the bed as well as getting a view of the flaps.

Not much to see with mine right now... I haven't started any cosmetic work yet. I've been too busy assembling parts for it (going to replace the entire driveline since the one that was in it was parted by the former owner and I've got a donor truck to pull pieces from...). I've got two other projects that I have to run through the body shop before I start blasting and painting on the little dumper...

I really want to have it at Aberdeen along with its big brother. (and my cooking gear).
can we have REGULAR BBQ next year!!!

that eastern stuff didnt go over very well for a bunch of us

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks