• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM757 ??? Identify

sermis

Now this would be a project.
Most of the truck is still there. Front axels are taken off of the frame but parts are there. Motor is junk, trans is a Allison 3 speed and there. T Cas is gone. Cab looks most there except for part of the motor cover, part of the cover is still there. Bed look to be in good shape. Could not see the floor due to trash in the bed. Has some of the seats still there.

What would be a good price or would it even be worth messing with?

Attachments

sermis

Calm down boys and play nice. Not sure it will be on the market. I really want to do the truck but not sure if I am up to it.
It will come home with me unless he backs out. I am still trying to get my price down.

AMGeneral

You can tell it's serial # 4 by the registration #05A00469,it breaks down like this

05 denotes a 5 ton or larger truck

A004 indicates 1st series serial # 004

69 indicates year model

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are at least a couple of parts trucks out there. You just have to know where to look (hint, hint).;-)

67Beast

You can tell it's serial # 4 by the registration #05A00469,it breaks down like this

05 denotes a 5 ton or larger truck

A004 indicates 1st series serial # 004

69 indicates year model
Actually it only means that it was the 4th truck accepted for the fiscal year 1969 in the 05 catagorey. That would make it most likely a very low serial #, but not 004.

MartinB

there is one of these located in Bald Knob Arkansas right at Highway 67 / 167 and Highway 64. It is an 8 X 8 and the original cab has been replaced with a commercial Ford truck cab and front clip. But it runs!!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
there is one of these located in Bald Knob Arkansas right at Highway 67 / 167 and Highway 64. It is an 8 X 8 and the original cab has been replaced with a commercial Ford truck cab and front clip. But it runs!!
Got any pics? There were a few experimental 8x8 trucks out there that had commercial cabs so it may be one of those. If so, that would be super cool. :-D

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually it only means that it was the 4th truck accepted for the fiscal year 1969 in the 05 catagorey. That would make it most likely a very low serial #, but not 004.
Dave, all 500 were built in 1969, there were no others except experimental ones used by Ford and at Aberdeen (APG). Most are still in European scrap yards, the rest retired from Ft Sill...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks