• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any Members Near Orlando FL Recommend a Shop for Diesel Repairs?

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just looking for any members in Central Florida that might be able to recommend a shop to change out stuck and broken glow plugs in a 6.2 Detroit Diesel?

Not many shops are willing to work on Humvees :(

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a small shop in Mims on US 1 by 46 that only works on diesels and mostly older ones. It’s called Heart of Dixie transmission and diesel repair. They might work on them.

Last edited:

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got back from three shops and they all wanted to remove both heads and send them off to a machine shop to have the two butchered glow plugs removed. One said he would not be interested to R&R the heads, and another said they were too busy to tackle head removal. Diesel Truck Shop & Repair / Inland Truck Repair, Inc. was willing to tackle the head removal and repair but they said they would only do it flat rate at $145/hour as they are not sure what else they will run into. No limit.

I have been advised by forum experts to let it run on 6 glow plugs in Florida It runs great, and starts fine here in the Florida Inferno. I am afraid if I try anything more myself, it might not run at all!

Last edited: