• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Munitions Forums!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Here at Steel Soldiers, we have always maintained that discussions on munitions are NOT allowed, but after much debate, we have decided to change that policy. We understand that many Steel Soldiers members are firearms enthusiasts as well as military vehicles enthusiasts. The two just go hand-in-hand. We also understand that there are less and less places on the internet where you can go and have civilized discussions about firearms. So we decided to create a munitions “safe space” here for all of us. We also added a new Military Munitions TM forum to hold all of the manuals.

The Munitions TM section is public, just like the rest of the TMs, but we decided to keep the Munitions discussions forums behind the Premium Membership. This will give us the most amount of freedom to discuss munitions while minimizing the risk to the site and its members. With that said, we still need you all to be responsible and not discuss anything that would be in violation of federal, state, or local firearms laws. We will be moderating the Munitions Forums with an iron fist because we can’t take any chances in today’s environment.

Please let me know what questions you have. Enjoy the new forums!!

Last edited by a moderator:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps a section for local firing ranges and "gun" clubs.

Perhaps a forum for hunting with former military weapons... What have you caught vs. what got away forums.

Perhaps a few sponsors from manufacturers of weapons and restoration services, tour services providing safe family friendly weapons training, licensing forums by state with licensing advertisers, ordinance identification and links to ordinance disposal should people find and identify expired WWII ordinance (like what happened last month with a couple finding Japanese WWII ordinance in their backyard.

You could attract hunters, manufacturers, tour companies and tourists.

IMHO.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Perhaps a section for local firing ranges and "gun" clubs.

Perhaps a forum for hunting with former military weapons... What have you caught vs. what got away forums.

Perhaps a few sponsors from manufacturers of weapons and restoration services, tour services providing safe family friendly weapons training, licensing forums by state with licensing advertisers, ordinance identification and links to ordinance disposal should people find and identify expired WWII ordinance (like what happened last month with a couple finding Japanese WWII ordinance in their backyard.

You could attract hunters, manufacturers, tour companies and tourists.

IMHO.
Great suggestions. Thanks!

Csm Davis

anything that would be in violation of federal, state, or local firearms laws
Not being argumentative but can you give a little better guidance on this as I thought talking about anything was considered free speech and the site could not be held accountable for anything a second party posted, as you are just a forum such as an open square. I do understand that it is privately owned and you can make the rules what you want but how would the transfer of knowledge and ideas ever be considered unlawful?
Thanks for opening this up for us!
Thanks for all else you do.
Jeff Davis

Bobbed 923A2

I'm a new member in Simi Valley Calif, and I just finished up M923A2 Bobbed truck and quite a few people I know directed me to your
site, very informative. And opening up munitions talk large and small arms is a good thing, I'm a certified USCCA Instructor and a CCW holder in calif of all places and I would enjoy 5 ton info and suggestions along with gun, ammo, training advice etc. If I need to up my
member status so be it

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Not being argumentative but can you give a little better guidance on this as I thought talking about anything was considered free speech and the site could not be held accountable for anything a second party posted, as you are just a forum such as an open square. I do understand that it is privately owned and you can make the rules what you want but how would the transfer of knowledge and ideas ever be considered unlawful?
Jeff Davis

I'd suggest you research local laws pertaining to firearms. As well as your state laws. These all vary from place to place and there's simply no way we could even attempt to be all inclusive of that. The federal stuff is pretty cut and dry. Let's pose a simple example, don't offer to create unregistered NFA items.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Oh goodie
Here is some of those watching everything You do now that you posted

watch watch

Orville was an extreme Optimist
I'm going to address this right off the bat. This forum is not viewable from the public. It's highly doubtful any government organization would bother upgrading a account to view what happens here. But understand, this doesn't mean one should post anything they don't feel should be public knowledge. And especially not post anything that would self incriminate if that's what you're getting at.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to see this change. Munitions are a great topic and I look forward to reading the discussions from the steelsoldiers collective. Hopefully we can keep it civil and nonpartisan enough to enjoy this new forum!

PSA follows for a point of clarification…

Ordinance vs. Ordnance

This is less of a place for discussion of municipal regulations and policies (ordinance) and more of a place to discuss weapons, ammunition and related materiel (ordnance). I see that confusion all over the internet, hopefully this helps clear it up.

Major Asstyrd

Forum is a great idea. The munitions and MV hobbies attract similar people and the forums will probably cross promote each other. Attract new people into both. Guns and ordnance, whether live or deact or movie prop can be vehicle accessories. No different than radios.

I have a question though. If putting the content in the Premium Member area is to keep outsiders who don't like the subject or have some axe to grind away, wouldn't a better option be to allow regular SS participants in based on their activity history? Some minimum level, maybe including a "years of participation" number? An anti-gunner or "fun police" type is probably not a "regular." Anybody can buy a premium membership. Those with a negative agenda are more likely to have a budget and interest to do that. But they can't buy a history of posts and thumbs up. Or is this more about increasing revenue? If that is necessary to the owner, well, he is in charge. But is it? Requiring Premium shrinks the pool of participants. Some people aren't wired for paying charges like this.

Another suggestion - when a non-premium member clicks on a subject he gets basically an error message but no explanation why or what to do about it. That would be a good thing to add to that page, IF you want to stick with this rule.

PrepSchool

Here at Steel Soldiers, we have always maintained that discussions on munitions are NOT allowed, but after much debate, we have decided to change that policy. We understand that many Steel Soldiers members are firearms enthusiasts as well as military vehicles enthusiasts. The two just go hand-in-hand. We also understand that there are less and less places on the internet where you can go and have civilized discussions about firearms. So we decided to create a munitions “safe space” here for all of us. We also added a new Military Munitions TM forum to hold all of the manuals.

The Munitions TM section is public, just like the rest of the TMs, but we decided to keep the Munitions discussions forums behind the Premium Membership. This will give us the most amount of freedom to discuss munitions while minimizing the risk to the site and its members. With that said, we still need you all to be responsible and not discuss anything that would be in violation of federal, state, or local firearms laws. We will be moderating the Munitions Forums with an iron fist because we can’t take any chances in today’s environment.

Please let me know what questions you have. Enjoy the new forums!!

Awesome! I needed some good news after Big Daddy Unlimited was prevented from opening up their new location in Morgantown. Also, is this reply sufficient to be entered in the batterypalooza drawing?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awesome! I needed some good news after Big Daddy Unlimited was prevented from opening up their new location in Morgantown. Also, is this reply sufficient to be entered in the batterypalooza drawing?
No, this reply isn't in the battery drawing thread.

Clymnclytn

Jeff Davis
Jeff, I completely agree with you, in principal. However, as we see with the overreach of this administration, being legal- ( see Constitutionally Protected ) is no safeguard from government interference, harassment, or censorship. I can definitely understand wanting to proceed cautiously.
I feel like the people on this forum are the right-minded (right as in correct, not, necessarily, politically) and are the only hope for this country.
Please be aware that anyone that has used this forum, being "busted" in their real life for crimes, ie weapons charges, would invite government and media scrutiny. Clymnclytn1 50 Houston, TX

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff, I completely agree with you, in principal. However, as we see with the overreach of this administration, being legal- ( see Constitutionally Protected ) is no safeguard from government interference, harassment, or censorship. I can definitely understand wanting to proceed cautiously.
I feel like the people on this forum are the right-minded (right as in correct, not, necessarily, politically) and are the only hope for this country.
Please be aware that anyone that has used this forum, being "busted" in their real life for crimes, ie weapons charges, would invite government and media scrutiny. Clymnclytn1 50 Houston, TX
C.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks