• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Arrived...........the M1009/BIAB1 from german M1008

cucvrus

I was cleaning up my office and came across this picture on the M1009. This is Fall 1999 and my son and I went camping in the mountains for a week we lived in a tent and lived off the land. I bought the M1009 in 1996 with 3200 miles on it and drove it everywhere. When I bought it, I had a 1986 Isuzu Trooper ll with a turbo diesel in it. I bought the Isuzu Trooper new and planned on keeping it for life. Ten years in I left it go back on the Isuzu rusty frame recall and it was crushed. Honestly, I liked the Trooper better as it was loaded with options and got 35mpg. But I quickly attached myself to the M1009 and drove it a long time. Take care I wanted to share an old picture with the OEM paint. I also noticed my good friend Hans the dachshund in the picture. He passed in 2011.
IMG_0976.jpeg
IMG_0976.jpeg

Last edited: