• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cj tug fuel filter part number?

ihterra73

Hello I've recently purchased a cj tug sd33 engine and I am looking for a fuel filter part number . It is a spin on type and the mount is on the passenger side of the engine ....upper rear corner of the engine . Appears to be a factory mount and filter housing....I have bought the engine only and the filter is missing any help or direction would be appreciated.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not recall a MB based aircraft tug in WWII, I THINK what you might have is a CJ10. I have only seen two of these and, IIRC, they were Nissan diesel powered and I think it was an SD33, 6 cylinder. So, I think this should be moved to a place that might yield better results for your question. When I figure that out, I'll move it. I will also do a bit of research on the filter.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Apparently, IHC used this engine in the Scout II, but in the turboed version. From what I have garnered from a quick Google search, both engines used the same FF. Baldwin BF941. However, since I am not familiar with it, the end user might have specified a more common filter that they might already be using, meaning old school cartridge type. So, if your new power plant has a spin on filter head, chances are that the above filter is correct.

Post some pictures of what you have, we like weird and obscure things!