• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cone washers! and Bizarre upper ball joint question

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Was attempting to do this and I just noticed that the u-joints don't have the 3/4 moon clips that everyone online says they should have. Does that mean I have the godawful plastic ones that you have to melt out? Any tips on doing that? I've never dealt with them before.
I don't know what you've got - but the plastic retainers are generally beat out with a hammer. Then you just plug in the 3/4 clips into the (freshly cleaned) retainer groove.

HelluvaEngineer

TM 9-2320-289-34 Section 6-12 page 6-78 is where the M1009 ball joints are discussed. Just use a ball joint puller on each of them. The uppers have an adjustment sleeve. I don’t remember a flange on the ball joints.
Thanks. I got past all of that. My top one had a flange. Who knows what someone installed? Trying to get these plastic u-joints apart now.