• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV custom bed designs

Cave Johnson

A little over a year ago, I was hired to do contract work to design and engineer a proprietary agricultural process system to be mounted on a 1078 or 1082. I cant share pictures of that because of NDA restrictions. I did keep the truck model though, since they didnt own that. Its very close dimensionally and layout wise to the real deal. I was also interestingly doing some cabinet and other interior fittings design work for a company that outfits camper vans.

Now that I fell into ownership of one for a song, Im tempted to decide on something to put in the back, not that there is anything wrong with the bed as it is. Campers seem popular. I was considering something more like a mobile hunting lodge. So less comforts of home, more basic.

1649692336923.png

Attachments

Cave Johnson

I did design a system for a hydraulically elevated fuel tank for a fracking system once. So that's not totally impractical, aside from not wanting to deal with the outriggers

Making a cabin that lifts up about 6 feet though would be quite the neat option, given the bed level is already quite high.