• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Very Short WB deuce or 5ton.

mudguppy

Saw this one today on Craigs List...
i know the posts following these pics are very derogatory, but it looks functional as hel to me. i'd add lockers and hydro steering, but looks like a very capable ranch / recovery truck.

seems as though anytime someone chops up a truck folks get there panties wadded up because it's "unoriginal." why don't you guys get upset when a ford or dodge gets chopped up for ranch work like this one did?

personally, i wouldn't own this truck, but i can respect the purpose and functionality that it appears to be modified for.

that's something this site definitely lacks.

DMgunn

I just wonder about the title of the thread on Pirate where that pic was found.......:roll:

"My homemade Unicat clone is finally finished!"

Or?

shannondeese

I like the shortend look. I think I'll try it on my next deuce with the HMMWV ambulance body. So I'll still have the 6x6 look and functionality along with having a small camper as my bed. Not a bad deal in my book. High angle driveline is making my shafts for my current bobbed deuce. Maybe he can make one that will survive under a shortened deuce too.

DMgunn

Don't kill me, but I'd like to see a HMMVEE ambulance body on a G506. Just visualizing it, seems like the rounded cab would look "right". 'Course, it'd have to have a few other changes to make it look right, namely in the wheel/tire area...

LibTimothy

I was just wondering why this thread was moved to the "MO OK AR KS TX Rally" area?

I'm confused. Does this mean we are planning a road trip because of this truck????

Timothy