• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Creality K1 printer

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just picked up a new printer to start testing a few things. A "high speed" printer by Creality. I have done a few upgrades like adding the camera. I've also ordered some non glue-stick build surfaces for it that will be in next week. One thing to note, I've changed out the nozzle to a hardened one. There's no real indicator on how it's retained. So I mistakenly simply wrenched on the nozzle and promptly broke the thermistor and heating element. So far I've only printed a few test prints in PLA. But my main reason behind it is to get the ability to print Nylon CF for some more heat sensitive/stressed parts. The build volume isn't all that great. But it does have a nice enclosure. Right now it's on sale at Microcenter for $370 after coupon. So far I like it. A lot more advanced than the older 8 bit stuff I've used.

HDN

Interesting, a Core XY unit! I really like the cartesian-style printers only because the bed only moves up and down. I started with a little bedslinger printer and will never go back!

I recently read something on Tom's Hardware about a new FDM printer that uses magnetic linear motors (like maglev) instead of the traditional steppers and belts - now that's appealing to me! A few less maintenance items to be concerned with!

If I get more into 3D printing work, I'd consider one of these over an Ender 5. However, I wouldn't mind an Ender 5 either since I already have an Ender 5 Plus, so it would already be a familiar printer to me.

Last edited: