• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does the PPD do more than reverse polarity protect ? Modern replacement for PPD ?

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A note on alternator ratings, they are rated via SAE J56 spec, which is 72 degree stabilized temp 6,000 alt shaft speed what it makes goes on the name plate.
so in general on most diesels the alt spins 3 to1 of engine, engine idle say 700 rpm is 2100 alternator shaft speed. so a 100 amp alternator will only make 100 amps at about 2000 engine rpm 6000 alt shaft speed. what you need to look at is the idle output that's where the truck will spend most of its time. Unless you like doing highway speed or fast idling the truck all the time.
And this is why I run a 300A Niehoff 12/24 for my (4x) 6TAGM system. In interest of redundancy when off-grid I prefer to keep the four battery system. If I lose a battery I can reconfigure to two. Can't get 24v from a single so the 2x system has no available redundancy.