• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FAV

INFChief

Heavily armed but no armorView attachment 872739
I like the concept and versatile platform. I just don’t think it’s as scaled down as it could be. Too much personal gear and extraneous crap. These aren’t like a vehicle designed to carry enough supplies for for extended missions. These are “get in & get out” vehicles. I’d rather see them smaller but used in larger numbers. One less crewman per vehicle means you can add 1 more vehicle with the same total # of crew. A smaller vehicle profile / signature means better concealment, much more agility, and increased speed and travel distance.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the concept and versatile platform. I just don’t think it’s as scaled down as it could be. Too much personal gear and extraneous crap. These aren’t like a vehicle designed to carry enough supplies for for extended missions. These are “get in & get out” vehicles. I’d rather see them smaller but used in larger numbers. One less crewman per vehicle means you can add 1 more vehicle with the same total # of crew. A smaller vehicle profile / signature means better concealment, much more agility, and increased speed and travel distance.
Check out this video, looks like they can hide them pretty well and with a range extendable to 600mi they are intended to be able to go deep and stay awhile.
Although in the video it is obvious they are only loaded for a short joy ride, not exactly the same vehicle but close.
In Desert Storm they were used to shadow and report on troop/armor movements and laser targeting of armor and installations.