• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

General topic: MV “social mass”

Micmada

I was reading on the concept of ”social mass”, ie how a small issue of a minority can be so magnified as to garner media attention (hopefully positive) and as to seem quite more widespread than it actually is.

Well, a hack, or trick of prestidigitation, I have done unwittingly.

I have come to use my truck to go to work, but not on a pattern regular basis. One guy started saying to another guy how I was kind of unusual (neutral questioning attention, not positive nor negative) because I owned a 5 ton. The other guy replies: ”oh, but people own them, it is quite widespread, there is even a guy here who comes to work with it! “
And so the one guy say, “but that is HIM!“ (which made him look a bit crazy and me cooler! Haha)

I thought it was funny how all of a sudden I helped via various accidents make this hobby politically mainstream. I think a strategy to develop the industry could be done that way.