• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1079 Rear Stairs

coachgeo

What is the name of his business?
not sure who you are replying too since there is no one quoted.... I'll take a crap shoot and guess it was me.

Not sure if he is a business.... I just reached out to him to find out and see if he has any 1079 stairs.... grrr.. sorry to say he has now sold out of everything but a few MTV bed ladders. He's been trying for a year to get his dozen or so ladders and stairs sold.

for now... hang on straps; off the lift hooks on the roof, over the back side of box a rod or ?? Mount an atv winch to that. build yourself some wood stairs for now. and hinge it at bottom. Winch to pull /tilt it up....or something similar. Just something to get you by till a reasonable cost 1079 stairs shows up.

Last edited:

XCRV

Thanks coachgeo for contacting JW but I am trying to sell a set of stairs, not looking for a set to buy. (My M1079 sold in 2021.) I thought you were suggesting I match his price in my own ad. Your conversation with JW confirms my suspicion that it will likely take a while to find a buyer.

At $500, mine are the cheapest stairs I can find advertised. My competition is $1495 (with hooks, not tabs) and $1099 (reproduction, raw aluminum). There’s also a new ad for shorter, used MRAP stairs at $1188. My biggest problem is a small number of potential buyers. Most M1079 owners probably have stairs already. Although, this morning I saw a woodland camo M1079 go by on a truck without any stairs visible.

Last edited:

coachgeo

Thanks coachgeo for contacting JW but I am trying to sell a set of stairs, not looking for a set to buy. (My M1079 sold in 2021.) I thought you were suggesting I match his price in my own ad. Your conversation with JW confirms my suspicion that it will likely take a while to find a buyer.

At $500, mine are the cheapest stairs I can find advertised. My competition is $1495 (with hooks, not tabs) and $1099 (reproduction, raw aluminum). There’s also a new ad for shorter, used MRAP stairs at $1188. My biggest problem is a small number of potential buyers. Most M1079 owners probably have stairs already. Although, this morning I saw a woodland camo M1079 go by on a truck without any stairs visible.
will pass it on