• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116A3 Fix-up & Conversion Thread

Lastresort576

Glad to see youre still keeping this thread up to date. Its one of the better ones ive come across.
Anyways, when reinstalling the lunette, are there any tricks to installing the shock and the master cylinder push rod? it seems like both need to be installed on the lunette before going into the brake assembly... im struggling a bit to get it all in there.

-Cheers.

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
Glad to see youre still keeping this thread up to date. Its one of the better ones ive come across.
Anyways, when reinstalling the lunette, are there any tricks to installing the shock and the master cylinder push rod? it seems like both need to be installed on the lunette before going into the brake assembly... im struggling a bit to get it all in there.

-Cheers.
It was a long while ago I did that, so it's hard to remember. I recall it not being fun lining things up. Wrenches learned to fly, but that common place here. :p

Lastresort576

It was a long while ago I did that, so it's hard to remember. I recall it not being fun lining things up. Wrenches learned to fly, but that common place here. :p
haha that was some time ago for sure. But thought I’d ask in hopes you did. As I couldnt find any tips on how to get it installed at all.

Either way, I just got it a few min ago! Figured I’d add what indie to get it to work for documentation purposes lol

-place the shock loosely into the assembly
-bring lunette up and aim plunger for the rubber MC boot.
-make sure breakaway tab is lined up in the proper location.
-while holding the lunette in place pull shock back and into lunette, bolt shock to lunette.
-slide all the way up and in.
-bolt inside shock to the surge assembly.
-then add the pivot pins and side plates.
-rest is just buttoning it all back up.