• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV Addiction filled. Reis the Beast M1078A0 is born

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
GA requires a commercial 26K tag,but fees aren't too bad.
Question on winch power...I got a Sherpa 25k winch wired for 24v, still trying to cipher a physical attachment to the front and/or rear shackle lugs ala towbar with power from the NATO coax. I am using the stock 6P battery setup...what are the odds it would work ?
Scope out what @chucky has on the front of his truck.

Another guy @Gunny 0369 with a Sherpa has a warning about how you want to bolt it to the truck.

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
.I got a Sherpa 25k winch wired for 24v, still trying to cipher a physical attachment to the front and/or rear shackle lugs ala towbar with power from the NATO coax. I am using the stock 6P battery setup...what are the odds it would work ?
Nice winch, those Sherpa are. I a lil newton law and amps draw specs, I think you will be fine. I ran a dedicated 4/0 or 0000guage to the front, and want to insert the winch inward of the D rings so it doesn't protrude too far and I can still open the cab, planning to weld tabs to the cross beam and bolt the winch cradle to it. and the bumper

Last edited:

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its stout and very compact for the whopping 4k AMPS, I haven't tried the jump start function, like the battery pack feature.. Really got it for the multi-weather environment and cold weather capability, built in temp sensor and internal heater :) You can charge from wall, USB or other 12V source.

Good addition to the tool box, I think