• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NW company that can mount HMMWV wheels/tires/runflats?

dma251

I've given up trying to get these 24 bolt wheels and tires mounted and holding air. I've got a PVC (Wigsplitter/Trailworthy) insert in one, and the standard Hutchinson runflat in the other, and I can't get either to seal up and hold air.

Believe it or not, I mounted all 9 of my HEMTT wheels and tires in my driveway by myself without power tools, but I am not nearly as strong or poor as I was then. Now I'd rather just pay someone to do this for me so I can move on to more interesting aspects of my M1165A1.

Does anyone know of a tire shop in the North Seattle area that can just do this for me? I have new correct O-rings, nuts, etc.

rcamacho

Not much help on a tire shop recommendation. That said I’ve done this a few times. The o rings can be tiresome unless they sit well in the groove while you bolt the wheel halves together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would try again with new (or another batch of) o-rings. I had one of four of my 12-bolt wheels that, after assembly, still leaked. I had the foresight to buy five o-rings for four wheels, so I swapped the spare one in and it's been fine ever since.

Any shop you take it to is going to do the very same thing you did- so what will change if you pay them to try? If the input conditions are the same, you cannot expect a different output.

Also, I doubt the runflats or PVC beadlocks are the issue, it's most likely the o-ring or the wheel itself. I have the PVC beadlocks in mine.