• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Salvage yards with Continental LD465 engines or parts?

ToddJK

I'd definitely try to get some engines that have most of the parts there. For just a core, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it could be upwards of $3k to fully rebuild one and aquire all the essential components. I've priced out what it would be to do all new pistons, sleeves, and bearings, from the site I was on, about $1300, which isn't bad considering the market, but these didn't have the connecting rods so imagine another $2-500 for those if you needed them. Shop around and keep an eye out, even on YT vids, sometimes guys will take out a good running engine to swap something more up to date and common, selling the take out for a decent price.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might get lucky. When mine detonated and broke the block webbing I found a friend with a running in in South Florida. SS Freight got it the Georgia Rally in an engine can and another friend brought to OH. I swapped mine and sold the destroyed motor for more than I paid for the runner.

Right now there is at least one partial sitting in my barn and an old block sitting over at the other barn. I have no idea what the condition is of either of them.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How big of a trailer do you have? I've got three engines in cans that I'll likely never do anything with, and a fourth that was idled w/o any coolant in the system. I should also have 'somewhere' six LDS piston assemblies and a couple of hundred poppet valve push rods! Start a conversation with me if you are interested.

ToddJK

How big of a trailer do you have? I've got three engines in cans that I'll likely never do anything with, and a fourth that was idled w/o any coolant in the system. I should also have 'somewhere' six LDS piston assemblies and a couple of hundred poppet valve push rods! Start a conversation with me if you are interested.
Sounds like you are surrounded by mini gold mine, lol.