• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tent Lights - Hookup?

DD58

Does anyone know how these lights are supposed to be connected to power? Do I need some kind of an adapter?

View attachment 905470
There is a power distribution box. It’s either a 3 or a 4 pin connector. Here’s a link to eBay of one.

There part of a larger power distribution network I.e. breaker box, genset. I’ve looked into a bunch of the stuff just gets really costly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koeppel

There is a power distribution box. It’s either a 3 or a 4 pin connector. Here’s a link to eBay of one.

There part of a larger power distribution network I.e. breaker box, genset. I’ve looked into a bunch of the stuff just gets really costly.

OK, I think I have one of those on a pallet that I need to go through. I'll see if they connect up to that. The lights have three pins, but the connector isn't the type that would plug into a standard 120VAC outlet.

DD58

OK, I think I have one of those on a pallet that I need to go through. I'll see if they connect up to that. The lights have three pins, but the connector isn't the type that would plug into a standard 120VAC outlet.
If I were you I would either order another connector that fits the power in side of the box and wire it to a three prog plug. Or you could open the box up take the inlet side power plug out. Put it a water tight grommet and just have an extension cord wired directly to it. Thats iff your comfortable with electricity. If not don’t do it have a licensed electrician do it for you.

Things like that are really fun to mess with. I’d love to get my hands on a few tent lights for my back deck and a wire up some of those connectors!!!

Koeppel

If I were you I would either order another connector that fits the power in side of the box and wire it to a three prog plug. Or you could open the box up take the inlet side power plug out. Put it a water tight grommet and just have an extension cord wired directly to it. Thats iff your comfortable with electricity. If not don’t do it have a licensed electrician do it for you.

Things like that are really fun to mess with. I’d love to get my hands on a few tent lights for my back deck and a wire up some of those connectors!!!

Here's where I got mine: https://military-tent.com/orlipoli.html