• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The next Project an ASMH

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am 61 this year, the BLK Hummer guy is the eldest of our clan now. His calling in life is an electrician, mine is a wrench bender. The other two are a self employed general contractor, although he has moved on from our neck o the woods to a state or 2 away, maybe 3 if you count the small part of Az you go thru to get to his house, and now is employed by the state. The other is a master of fabrication, owns his own business. He can look at something and just see what needs to be done in his head then goes and knocks it out and it is exactly what was needed. And our departed friend was also a self employed general contractor. We all have learned from each other. I am a metal guy, mess that up, weld it up and start over. I couldn't do wood to save myself. I now can do most things. I have learned how to be an electrician, when I screw up, the hummer comes and guides me through things. If I need an input on a fab project, our other brother comes into play. I have hopefully helped all the others with my skill, passion, choice in life, whatever it is, in some of their life adventures. We all have swung multiple engines, upgraded vehicles, modified jeeps, sorted out bugs in vehicles, built things, wired things, made bad azz one off contraptions, played with fire, really, those were good times! We take off for 4 days out in the desert and explore mines, old mining camps, old cabins in the middle of nowhere, We need to get on that, it has been a year since we ventured out, life is getting in the way.

People that have been around since the days of the Dirtbag gatherings would most likely remember these guys.

Funny thing, one of the guys used to live in my town, we share a name, his wife's name was the same as mine....my wife's, not my name....as is my cousin's wife's name that lives 3 miles from me. We all knew where all the girls shopped. To this day, when both of us are together and introduce ourselves, the confused look on peoples faces are priceless

The group of guys that I call my friends are truly friends, the kind of persons that one meets once in their lifetime and create a bond. They are really "brothers from another Mother". If someone needs something, we are there for one another.

Enough.

To keep things on topic with the wrecker, We have another wrecker body out in the back 40. Not an Austin Western, a newer type, the one the hydraulic tank mounted on the boom and the boom winch spool under the boom. We still need the cable end clevis for the 45k Garwood in the bed of the M62. I asked Craig to take a look at the bed to see if what we need is there. Sure enough it is!

However, it has also been pulled up into the fairlead rollers very hard.

So, still looking for the cable end as well as a filter to put on the tapered bung in the tank.