• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC-3 compatibility with RT-524 radio

blhar15

Does anyone know if the VIC-3 intercom system is compatible with the older style radios, i.e. RT-524 VRC-12 setup? I have mine all hooked up and just get a ringing feedback noise when switching to the radio to monitor.

Thanks

aceecaus

The short answer is no. But I'm not a professional com guy.

Having both systems, I know the VIC-1 is compatible to the SINGARS with an adapter, but I am fairly certain the VIC-3 is not backwards compatible to the RT524.

Augi

It is 100% compatible. I run an RT246 with my VIC-3 weekly. Before I got this radio I was running an RT524 for about 6 months.

If you are getting a solid tone when you switch your crew box to monitor a specific radio then the permissions for that crew box to monitor that radio are disabled in the VIC-3 main control box. Switch the power switch to "All" and it should go away.

Augi

Rooster-78

It is 100% compatible. I run an RT246 with my VIC-3 weekly. Before I got this radio I was running an RT524 for about 6 months.

If you are getting a solid tone when you switch your crew box to monitor a specific radio then the permissions for that crew box to monitor that radio are disabled in the VIC-3 main control box. Switch the power switch to "All" and it should go away.

Augi
Would you provide some additional information and pics on how you made a RT-524 work with the VIC-3 Intercom System please? Thanks