• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Day after Thansgiving fun

lstmate

My son-in-law Jeff and I took the M715 out for a little 4 wheelin fun. And yes I was the one driving when we got it stuck. The funny thing is the build up of the mud on the side of the rear tire.

IMAG0626.jpgIMAG0625.jpgIMAG0627.jpgIMAG0623.jpg1st pic.jpgIMAG0628.jpgIMAG0631.jpgIMAG0630.jpgIMAG0629.jpgIMAG0624.jpg

Last edited:

hwcurtice

My son-in-law Jeff and I took the M715 out for a little 4 wheelin fun. And yes I was the one driving when we got it stuck. The funny thing is the build up of the mud on the side of the rear tire.

View attachment 467806View attachment 467805View attachment 467807View attachment 467803View attachment 467802View attachment 467812View attachment 467815View attachment 467814View attachment 467813View attachment 467804
I've seen that build up on wheelers here in the NW. Only worse. Gotta get it off when wet, for sure.

One guy up here had it out about 10 inches, the mud, on his tire/rim.

Good times, for sure.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Non-directionals would have powered on through! (maybe) Is that an original hard top?

lstmate

It was an original that came with it when we picked up the truck. Is it "orginal" issue I do not think so but really do not know. I also got the bows for a canvas top. Had to take them off to mount this hard top.

61sleepercab

One rule of 4x4 fun------ Do not drive farther out that you can't walk back!

I had a 77 Jeep J10 with 3/4 ton front hubs and rear axle so like your M715 on our farm. It went backwards down a road embankment at about 45 Degree slope on another driver. Two hours later with winch lines ends pulled off, small trees pulled out of ground when used as anchors, snatch blocks flung into air ,we chained the snatch block to a 20" hickory tree and chained the 1965 Dodge 1 ton front winch truck to another tree , the Jeep came back in the road, never losing the two International power units in the truck bed and received only a bent tail pipe. What a job and no mud involved.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks