• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hellcat

offroaddiesel

anyone out there watch tank overhaul tonight on the military channel. been on a while back ,watched it all tonight.also was wondering any body seen ithe helcat and other military vehicles in utah. steve from western maine:razz:

ida34

There was a thread about the shows when the first came out. I have them recorded on DVD. I like them.

GoldComet6

I found shows scheduled on the military channel for restorations on a Sherman, Comet, Panther and Hellcat. I'd love to watch these, yet another reason I need to upgrade to get the military channel. Most cable channels are just plain crap....

A local guy did the some cinematography for one of the episodes. I asked if they were doing more and he hasn't yet been contracted for any new ones. He gave me a copy on DVD of the 4 episodes. I'd like to see the finish of the comet and sherman but I guess we'll have to wait to see if the history Channel will buy it up. They really have overplayed the DVD up here.

Smith out

offroaddiesel

if i get to utah .its one place i want to see . im sure its been overplayed here also .i dont watch tv much and happen to catch it ,but i did see parts of the 5 before. steve

19kilo

I've seen the two sherman's they made into one. Was neat to watch. I don't have em on dvd, but I don have em on the cable box that lets you save programs. Great show.. to bad there's only a few of em. And of course the armor of the sherman was done in UK.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
anyone out there watch tank overhaul tonight on the military channel. been on a while back ,watched it all tonight.also was wondering any body seen ithe helcat and other military vehicles in utah. steve from western maine:razz:
Yes, those and probably 70 more vehicles are in the collection of Karl Smith. Mr. Smith is a very private fellow, and the vehicles are housed in a museum building basically across the street from Jack Tomlin's place. Those wishing to visit the collection need to make an appointment in advance.

Best wishes,
David

Attachments

Last edited: