• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removable top dome light?

Warren Lovell

After painting the top of my M1009, I was thinking about putting in a dome light .
It looks like there is a place for one on the passenger rear side.
It is a square hole with a hole drilled on each side.

Anyone know what fits this?
Also, Anyone put a dome light in the cab?

Warren

Sgt Hulka

I use stick-on LED lights from the Dollar Store (push on push off). Bright. Appear to be rugged, and too cheap to not give a try. I have three in front, three in back... So far they work great.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is one for a light on the drivers side, don't recall seeing one on the passenger side but might be one. Might find a light assembly with wire harness at a salvage yard. Same light is used on many GM vehicles of the time period.

Warren Lovell

I'll post the dimension when I get back to my garage. Then I'll go to Superbright LEDs and see if I ca find a match. I looked thru the Napa Lighting Catalog. A lot of cool conventional lights! If you have spare time just asl a counterman for it.

jimm1009

This is the same light that would be up front between the two front seats in a cuvy truck.
I put one in my truck but the one up front is worthless. They were both brand new lights, lenses, and bulbs but the front one is only about 1/4 of the brightness that is needed to see inside the truck at night.
I may try ond of those stick-up LED lights too.
They would probably last for five years even if you used them every night for 5 mintues or so each night.

jimm1009

kassim503

I drilled in a underhood light from a 89'-99' chevy truck onto my center console, it has a retractable magnetable bulb. Looks like it fits right in the truck and functional too

tmac

I found a 6 dollar dome light at walmart that you can mount in between the two front seats on the roof that is wired in to a lighted toggle switch and it will light the whole inside of the truck.

AJMBLAZER

Big Ugly has a stick on push LED light setup like others have mentioned. Works great except for when your truck is sitting outside in 100 degree weather and the glue holding the velcro on gives up the fight.

Need to fix that but I'll be doing the same thing. If I were doing it in a M1009 Blazer I'd try to find one that makes a more dispersed light though, mine is mostly just a beam of light.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks