• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715 water pump ( my last weeks project )

bcowanwheels

Look what i did this last week for my old m715 !!! . i rebuilt my m715 water pump. it was a little hard to dissasemble it and not damage any of the 42 yr old main components like the pulley, aluminum housing and the super tough to get off impeller... good thing i have most h/d shop tools at my dissposal cauz it took some doing. had to machine the seal surface of the impeller as the old seal had worn groves in it and i didnt want it to eat up the new seal prematurely. took me about 7 hrs from start to finish. what do you think ? heres a picture of blacky that it came off of and is going back on . the original engine is still in it and its got 49k miles on it. i never drive it over 45 mph is why its lasted so long. on the w/p i always run 1" of in & out belt play and 75% antifreeze mix. this keeps the pump well lubed & no belt tension over stress.
bob

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks