• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need help with my first military jeep

soldierforhire

hello this will be my first post here ,great site ,hope you all can help me i will be buying my first military vehicle is a few weeks ,it a 1968 kaiser jeep .from the pics it looks real good the guy said it only has two rust spots 1on the floor and 1 on the fold down front windshield all orginal even has the tools and jacks in the side box,and even the shovels on the sides low miles.no oils leaks .here is the problem the title is maked for a international .i want to title it but never have done anything like this before ,i tried the dmv site but it says nothing about military trucks,what are my options to titleing this truck as soon as i am finished restoreing it i want to be able to drive it legally . what are my options . thanks bryan

Elwenil

Most likely you will have to have a DMV officer or State Police look at your truck and verify it's ID and numbers to get the title changed. Sometimes you can get someone at the local office willing to do that but it's rare these days. The serial number is on the data plate on the dash, on the TOP of the frame in the passenger side rear wheelwell and somewhere on the front frame near the radiator support, but I never found it on mine. Best place for M715 info is the M715Zone at www.m715zone.com The guys here at SS are great and can tell you things about M35s, CUCVs, M880s etc, that you never thought anyone could know but The Zone specializes in M715s and has accumulated a great deal of knowledge. Recently we had a server go down and wipe out a lot of our website and info, but we are slowly getting everything back up and running. At the link you will find a few of our recovered info pages, online manuals and so forth and a link to the new temporary forum where we are keeping in touch. Any questions you might have can probably be answered by someone there and since we lost the old forum you can even get away with asking all the typical "new guy" questions, lol.

ida34

I am willing to bet someone put international on it when the computer choked on Kaiser-Jeep. Mine is listed as a jeep because Kaiser Jeep is not listed in the computer. I don't know if you really need to do anything. If the vin matches between the title and the truck just get your plate and registration and keep going. I do vin inspections in Michigan and we verify the vin not the make. Military vehicles are only different the first time they are registered and titled with an sf-97. After the initial go around it is transfered just like any other vehicle. I don't know if Louisiana has a historical plate but if it is offered get it. They are usually cheaper than regular plates. I hope this helps.

Chuck

EastCoastKaiser

I live in CT and my M-715 came from OK with a 1967 Jeep Gladiator title. In CT you don't need titles to register vehicles over 10 years old. Just need a bill of sale with the VIN# on it and go down and have the VIN checked. My brother-in-law just registered his Deuce, it came from Gov Liq with no tilte at all. Guess it depends on your state. My insurance company calls it a Jeep Pickup, didn't lie to them, they chose to classify it as such. Good luck and definately check out the ZONE. Saved me a lot of time and effort over the years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks