• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

axle swap M715

rudedog

I was wanting to put 2 1/2 tons under my M715. I have seen the one on m715 zone ,but my question is I have seen the frt axles cut rewelded and another frt axle shaft to make them the same as the rear or offset rims to make up the diffrence . Can you do a hub flip or is there something else that you can do to make them close to the same .

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can flip the rears and use wheel offset to correct the width of the vehicle. The fronts can also be flipped but there will be some machining involved and you would lose the drum brakes. OD Iron makes a 20" wheel that can be inverted and are designed as such that if you install the rear wheel opposite of the front, they will still track the same.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks