• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vietnam Skull Shift Knob and Modern Light Switch

Wintermute

Well, figured I'd put up some pictures of the vietnam skull shift knob installed (I think it looks really good).
I also won an ebay auction for a modern light switch (push button with LED indicators) that I recieved and installed tonight. It's awsome! :) Honestly, so much easier to see what I'm selecting than the three lever switch is.

Here's the skull shift knob:

SkullShift1.jpg

SkullShift2.jpg

And here's the new light switch:

Switch Off:
LightSwitchOff.jpg

Switch On:
LightSwitchOn.jpg

Switch with headlights/driving lights on:
LightSwitchSelected.jpg

--Wintermute

ARYankee

Cool. I like it. I'm going to mount a grenade for my shifter knob. I also like the light switch. Was it plug and play or did you have to do some modifications?

Wintermute

Cool. I like it. I'm going to mount a grenade for my shifter knob. I also like the light switch. Was it plug and play or did you have to do some modifications?
The grenade shift knob would be cool. I got my shift knob from here:

House O' Speed Hot Rod Store Home Page

Just search for "Leasure" (J. Leasure is the maker of the shift knob I got...he makes a bunch of different ones. I also really like the Doughboy one).

Here's a couple other places that carry his shift knobs:

Hot Rod Speed Company

Results for "Joshua Leasure" Shift Knobs

Installing the switch was pretty much plug and play. Disconnect your batteries, remove the screws from the old connector, unscrew the electrical connector from the back, connect the electrical connector to the new switch, screw the switch back into the dash, then connect the ground line for the new switch off to a good ground (I connected mine to the same ground screw used for my solid state flasher module) and finally, reconnect your batteries and you're good to go.

--Wintermute

redthegreendog

Be careful with the digital switch. we had problems with them in our refitted M998 HUMMV. They like to burn up wiring in the older ones that came with the 3 lever switch. they all had to be changed back to the old switch. not sure why my be a voltage problem.:?

Wintermute

yeah, paint is still what it was painted by the Idaho Dept. of Land Management. It was a brush firetruck before I got it. Won't be stripped and back to CARC until next summer.

--Wintermute

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks