• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Days gone by...

91W350

I knew I had a few photos that you guys would get a kick out of. While looking at an old photo CD this morning I ran across these. Enjoy, Glen

Attachments

91W350

That old building is Coronado Heights. My father took us there as children and told us wild tales of how the slots in the wall were made to fight off the Indians when Coronado the Explorer came through with his soldiers. I always thought it was so cool, until I found out it was a 1930's WPA project. Anyway, it is still scenic and named after a famous explorer, even if he never made it here. I have posted photos of my M1008 and M1009 here before. It is still a favorite place to visit and gives one an excellent view of the Smoky Hill River basin between Lindsborg and Salina. Glen

Coronado Heights Park - Lindsborg, Kansas

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks