• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Michelin XL's

Flea

I have seen Bill's truck in person, and it looks really good with the 12.5's

They fit the stock wheel quite well, but look better than singled-out NDCC's. Plus, all your instrumentation is the same because the rolling diameter is the same.

A good choice, but I think they're harder to come by than the 11.00's and 14.50's

DanMartin

Get some wheels from OD Iron...you will be glad you did. They work perfectly for this application...and you don't even need to flip the hubs for (near) perfect front-to-back alignment (within 1/4", which you cannot see over the length of the truck). No muss, no fuss, and they bolt right on.

It's either that, you're own custom rims ($$$) or finding a set of A3 rims (used to be super-scarce, but getting easier lately, but still $$$).

I know what you're trying for...I already did all the looking, this is the best way. OD Iron wheels with 14.50s all around. Oh..and don't forget you need a spare (or at least an 11.00R20 on a stock wheel, as the height is nearly the same as the 14.50R20).

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
X2 on the price, and Dan, are all 6 of your rims the same? I already have my rear hubs flipped out so I assume I would just run them all the same as the fronts. Does OD list these rims and tires on the website? Maybe I missed them.

DanMartin

Yes, all are the same. You can run them both ways...flipped or no. Should not matter.

Mike (ODIron) does not list them on his site...but he does sell them. I think he's trying to keep production down to a reasonable level. Just email or call him...He'll hook you up.

Here's pics in case you didn't get the link earlier: http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc162/dantheman29a/Tires/. Those are 14.50R20s on his wheels, unflipped hubs.

rockman

When I got mine, I found 5 on GL and then kept looking but could not get anymore so I bought two more from Gay's Tire in Moultrie GA and had them shipped.

Bill

tm america

i got 15.5 80r 20s on mine singled love em i was gonna go with xmls but looked like they would wear out quick i think xls are the best all round tire really do good in mud snow rain even sand alot better than the ndt which we all know stands for non directional travel;-)

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got some 14.5's with excellent tread and have rims on order from Mike at OD Iron, I can't wait to get them and bolt them on and go play in the snow :-D From all the pics I've seen of singles on a deuce I like them the best, especially on Mike's rims.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks