• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton pulling a MK 14 trailor?

carbonraptor

Ok so i know this may be a "dumb" question but just for clarification, can you pull a oshkosh mk 14 trailer with say a m923 or m925? Does anyone know of what problems you may have with the electrical hook up or does it plug right in? also the mk 14 has drive shaft driven pumpkins on it so would you just detach the driveline to the pumpkins? could the driveshaft hook right into the rear pumpkin of the 5 ton? I am thinking about getting one or two of these trailors for my m925 and m923 for towing heavy equipment. Any information would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks! :p

carbonraptor

I thought the m925A1 and the m923A1 were identical with the exception of the m925 having a front winch? They have the same engine and transmissions. Oh wow I see that you actually have what I am really looking for. The MK17A1 grove crane. Did you hook it up to your M925 by chance?

Last edited:

jedawson1

Sorry Papabear, I was using tapatalk and the "Bear" in the first reply had a smily face and said apabear. I though that comment was yours. Now that I'm on the computer I can see that it belongs to Derrick112. And that is how PapaBear was mistakenly envolved, thats my story and I'm stickin to it.

colelkhunter

I seem to remember someone mating that trailer to a 5 ton frame on here a while back. It was a cool project. The short answer would be yes it will, but that thing is HEAVY....so don't expect to get there fast unless you are driving the axles of the trailer. Take pics and good luck.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yanking your chain about the M923
Correct.

Oh wow I see that you actually have what I am really looking for. The MK17A1 grove crane. Did you hook it up to your M925 by chance?
I purchased the crane separate from the rest of the RBU, so I have no idea how well the pull behind a 5ton.

also the mk 14 has drive shaft driven pumpkins on it so would you just detach the driveline to the pumpkins? could the driveshaft hook right into the rear pumpkin of the 5 ton?
The gear ratios are different.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Some of the trailers have a pintle hitch attached to them but that is for moving the trailer around when it's detached from the MK-48.

A five ton would pull it but it would not like it.

Hooking a drive shaft from the rear diff on the 5 ton to the driveshaft on the trailer is a non-stater.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks