• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Website issues

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Attention Steelsoldiers members, we're currently having a DNS issue with our ISP. The website is intermittently working right now. We're working to resolve the issue. There's nothing wrong with the site, just the backend of the internet basically lost the server's "phone number" if you will.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Also, if you can see this, please pass it along to anyone you contact off the site.

Most likely this issue will not be addressed until first thing tomorrow AM when our host opens up.

K9Vic

Thanks for the info. I can only access the site on my iPhone on Verizon. My charter cable using Google DNS and others gets the Domain parking page. Hopefully DNS will br fixed in the morning.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not believe that is the problem. The site downloaded an infected javascript file to one of my systems and Comodo caught it when I switched to IE. the symptoms are that it looks like a DNS issue but it is actually the redirects. I confirmed by looking in the logs on my systems.

I'm studying to take my forensics test for recertification so I brought the system in to work to do a memory and hard drive dump on it.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From Whois

Name Servers:
ns1.temporarystatus.com
ns2.temporarystatus.com

Creation date: 03 Feb 2000 00:00:00
Expiration date: 04 Feb 2013 04:23:31

Not fond of the expiration date............

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I cannot duplicate the problem. I had only gone to two websites this morning. I have backtracked and did everything on this system that I did on the other and can't get it to fail. Now I have to do an analysis of the memory image and drive image on the other computer. :-(

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
DNS has been updated by our ISP. It will take some time to propagate. We're still battling with our ISP to get the DNS entry for longer than a 1 year period.

Danger Ranger

Hmm, ok. Thanks for the update guys. We know you are working hard on it.

I attempted log in on my laptop last nigh and the site would not come up. I am set to be logged in already and a tab is on my homepage settings. So when I went to it expecting od green I got a blue page with dodge ads on it and a steel soldiers.com title. I could not get anything else for the life of me, and wondered if I had gotten banned, really. I didn't know what I would've done, nor what to expect if I had, so that was my thought.

I wish you both good luck on the progress, it seems fine for me on a school computer. Thanks for your efforts in this matter.
DR

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
DNS has been updated by our ISP. It will take some time to propagate. We're still battling with our ISP to get the DNS entry for longer than a 1 year period.
I have full faith and confidence in you patracy. After all, Rome was not propagated in a day!!:beer:

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm, ok. Thanks for the update guys. We know you are working hard on it.

I attempted log in on my laptop last nigh and the site would not come up. I am set to be logged in already and a tab is on my homepage settings. So when I went to it expecting od green I got a blue page with dodge ads on it and a steel soldiers.com title. I could not get anything else for the life of me, and wondered if I had gotten banned, really. I didn't know what I would've done, nor what to expect if I had, so that was my thought.

I wish you both good luck on the progress, it seems fine for me on a school computer. Thanks for your efforts in this matter.
DR
I got the same thing.

K9Vic

Still was able to get to it on my iPhone, but not my PC.

As it was noted the DNS was fixed I updated my host file on my PC to force the IP 12.222.204.34 until the update pushes across the net, so I am now online from my PC.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Roger, Drew (sounds like a like out of AIRPLANE)
Thank you for being our frontline defense.
This is the first I've been able to log-in since just before 2300hrs Central Time last night (Sunday).

Godspeed on the recover efforts.

Vaya con Dios!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Working on my laptop, using IE, got a call from WM last night about the blue page, work fine on one computer , but not the other

Last edited:

TehTDK

I had that issue last night and couldn't get on, but kept getting emails for replies and thought what the **** :p. Then i pulled the whois as someone else did and I realised what the issue was. But it sucks that you cant get a lease longer then a year at a time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks