• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M920 M870A1 combo with Accuride Wheels

CE2Mike

Slowly getting my rig ready for work. I picked up the accuride wheels that Soni used on his 920. They work just as he said they would. They track just about perfect turned either way. I went with Bridgestone 445 R65 22.5 tires. I loaded a heavy D8N and they look fine.The D8N with Plow weights 87k. I would like to replace the smokey BC with a DPF compliant motor. This Republic of Comifornia is killing us with emission regs. I like the CAT 16 speed ratios, but the 7 speed Allison sounds like it would nice as well. Also have some pictures of the trailers I picked up in Hawaii. They were a little pricey but they were unused. I am considering changing out the tubed wheels with tubeless. If I do one, I will have a bunch of spares for the others.

Thanks for all of the helpful threads.8)

Attachments

M920

That all looks really "bad ***" !!! I like the way the Bridgstones look on your M920! I'm glad the wheels are working for you, I would not trade mine for anything!

So I just swapped the rims and tires on my M870A1 from the 10.00x15s, split rim, tube type to 235/75 R17.5s on tubless rims. I recently did a thread in the "Trailer Forum" on the swap. (Sorry...don't know how to post a link)
Just thought you might be interested..... :)

Thanks for the nice pics!

Soni

CE2Mike

Yeah I do a lot of work in Hawaii. I have all of the logistics down for freight. Plus the heavy equipment on Island. It was pretty cool driving down the H1 with the load. No where else could you get away with it. I had a pilot front and rear, a service truck, and my suv convoy. I can help anybody out if they buy from Hawaii. The 916 i got had a fried alternator, all fluids drained, no filters, and no batteries. Cab has some rust holes that can be fixed. The trailers though are cherry. Never used.

M920

Thanks....that's a very nice offer!! I really like the way your M920 and M870A1 look all in camo!
So how do you like the ride with the new wheels and tires? Did you use any "Equal" in the 445s?