• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MICHIGAN MV Events for 2013

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are any of those events in the UP? We are moving to N. Wisconsin in a couple of months. Hope to make Iola with the deuce at least.
No events in the UP just yet, closest would be Wings Over Gaylord in June, then there is the fly-in at Wurtsmith (former SAC base) in Oscoda in August.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thunder Over Michigan is now being held on August 10-11, 2013. Setup begins August 8.
Shoot! I was going to be back in MI for the TOM show in Jun and I'll be gone again by August.

Anyone doing the trail ride at Custer? Is there a site with more info?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Too bad Clare and Oscoda ore on the same day
Yes, it is unfortunate that Clare was recently scheduled on top of the Oscoda show.
The Oscoda show date was determined last fall by the Wurtsmith Air Museum FlyIn.
The Clare show has been on the 3 different weekends in August, It had been the 4th weekend from 97-06, 07-11 were on the 3rd weekend and last years was on the 1st weekend. And back to the 3rd weekend this year.

Mid June is another unnecessarily cluttered weekend, fortunately Thunder Over Michigan Changed back to their traditional August show!

Plenty of options for the MV enthusiast this year!

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Too bad Clare and Oscoda ore on the same day
Although I enjoy the Clare show (and have free accommodations), I'd much rather be in Oscoda. M/Vs and aircraft....and Lake Huron?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks