• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Spring 2013 Rausch Creek Sign Up Thread

shenkmen

The rally was a success. Pics and videos start here -
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...gn-Up-Thread&p=1346873&viewfull=1#post1346873

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is
the official sign up thread for the Spring 2013 Rausch Creek MV Rally.

The event will take place from Friday 4/12 to Sunday 4/14 at Rausch Creek Offroad park in Tremont, PA.

Rausch Creek offers the following...

• On site primitive camping.
  • 3,000 acres of easy, intermediate, and hard trails.
  • Trails can accommodate MVs of all sizes, shapes etc.
  • Alcohol is permitted after wheeling for the day.
Rausch Creek's website has allot of info including rules, camping info, lodging info and a FAQ. Please visit their site here - Rausch Creek Off Road Park

To ride in the park one or two forms must be filled out. The forms are a requirement from Rausch Creek. You may fill out the forms in advance or when you arrive. Download them from here if you wish - Rausch Creek Off Road Park

What you can expect...

What you need to do...

• Get your vehicle ready. C'mon, don't miss this!
  • Sign up! - If you are interested sign up for the event on this thread and include the following information...
    • The MV or MVs you are bringing.
    • Date of arrival.
    • State if you are camping and the number of people in your group. (This info is needed to make a reservation.)
  • Let us know how you can pitch in. Tell us if you can offer assistance by bringing something to help out, organize, etc... From reading past threads I've seen folks offer the following...
    • A Generator.
    • Firewood.
    • Trail scouting prior to the event.
    • Early arrivals to reserve space on Thursday.
    • What else???
I'll update this post with the current attendee list and info.

Update 4.8.13
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Reserving our campsite
Maddawg / Wildchild it looks like you guys will be there first. Save us spots! If somebody else plans on arriving earlier please save us spots. I added the satellite photo of our campsite to the first post and this post.

Burn Ban
Rausch Creek called to inform me that there is a county wide burn ban in effect. Here are the details

Under the ban, residents are forbidden from any outdoor burning of items such as garbage, leaves, grass, twigs, litter and paper. Grilling in proper containers is still permitted, however, the ban forbids lighting fires in outdoor burn barrels or fire rings.

I confirmed with Rausch Creek that charcoal is OK. I have a raised metal grill / hearth thingy that I intend to burn lump charcoal in as per the instructions.

Propane grills are also ok. We've brought full size propane grills in the past.

Parking
Rausch Creek said it is ok for us to double up our vehicles for parking as long as we don't congest driving throught the parking lot. I suggested a doubling up a large truck (deuce, 5 ton) and a smaller vehicle (jeep, CUCV) nose to tail and Rausch Creek agreed. Per this a deuce and a M105 trailer should be nose to tail as well. You get the idea.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

east.jpg west.jpg north east.jpg RC camp site.jpg list 4.8.gif

Last edited:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Count me in. I’ll be bringing my M35A2 W/W and a bunch of recovery gear (snatch blocks, chains, etc.). I might be able to get there Thursday night late and reserve a spot again with Chris if he is going.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be there, might have green iron with me this time, but that's dependent on a couple paychecks I haven't received yet. Either way, I'll be there Friday around noon to Saturday night or Sunday morning.

I "should" be able to attend as long as the work schedule allows.

I would be coming with my M932a2 and would be able to bring generator, seasoned firewood and hand tools and gopro camera!. Let me know if I could assist in any other way, never been there, not sure what "extras" would be good to have on hand.

It would be me and probably two others.

Last edited:

shenkmen

I'll be there Friday around 5 PM with my deuce. It'll be me and at least one other cruising from Lancaster, PA. I'll be staying until Sunday.

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have a CUCV M1009 that I want to buy, that lancerobson has me interested in. Just need to shake the dollar tree and see how much falls out before I make the rally with a new toy.

71m109a3

I'll be there with my new m1009. Not sure what day yet, probably Fri. night or early Sat.. I'm trying to get my buddy to go along as well.

I'll be there with a buddy of mine in my M1031, complete with generator, welder, air compressor, and full range of shop tools. Avid visitor to the park with my Jeep so I know the area pretty well. Should be there around 19:00 Friday and staying through Sunday. Will be camping on site.

I don't want to overstep the boundaries, but would somebody that has attended this meet in the past (or others) like to post a list of items to benefit the entire group. I'm referring to non-personal items, ie. generator, firewood, tools. I wouldn't mind bringing a few extra items like splitting ax and misc hand tools, hi-lift jack.

Hope I can help.

max1008

extra camping items like an ax, wood, water, beer is always good. As for on the trails extra straps, jacks, tools are always good. I will be bringing tools that I fit cucvs.

I've checked Rausch Creek's website and I haven't been able to find an answer. Do they allow camper trailers on the property? I see primitive camping is included with the entry fee and room for tow rigs but no mention of camper trailers.

Campers are fair game, just no hookups or dump station, but thats what Cabelas is for. Kinda pick a nice flat spot in the camping area, staying out of the main traffic area. The staff is very accommodating towards everyone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks