• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2000 CUCV-II Crew Cab,(The Twin) Florida repair.

Stonepicker1

This thread is on my new 2000 CUCV-II Crew Cab that I picked up in PA this April. Calling it the "Twin" for now because I have another one just like it.
Here are some pictures.

Attachments

Stonepicker1

More pictures...I installed two new batteries on my trip down from PA to FL. It didn't turnover when I hit the key.
I thought the engine might be bad. But it will turnover by hand.
I was thinking it was the starter, but after removing the fuse cover under the hood, I see some things missing...."starter relay". So I will be taking one out of my other trucks to check if that is all I need.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Starter relay will be missing. It was moved to the 6 lug solenoid on the firewall.

Covered that in the CUCV-II battery/starter wiring diagram I created. Need another copy? :wink:

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

Well, good news....I put the batteries in and turned the key...It started right up.
I knew it had an oil leak somewhere around the oil filer area. so I looked under the truck, oil was flowing onto the ground. Shut it down and removed the oil filter an found a pin hole on the top side of the filter.

More to come..

ps: when it was running I drove it forward and backward.:grin:

combatmech

Good deal Phil!! Nice score. I'm planning on getting rid of the tool box topper on mine and trade it for a something like you have.
Any info as to where the truck had been?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The unit number is 94xxxxx. Doesn't that make it a Navy truck?

Mine is an Air Force truck and has a unit number 00Kxx since it is a 2000

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
EOD makes sense. The number 1 in the pentagon on the bumper is not consistent with Seabee or Surface Warefare units.

Stonepicker1

Map shows Naval Air Station, North Island, San Diego, CA.

Replaced the oil filter, started it up, checked for leaks(no leaks), drove it around in the parking lot, AC blows COLD :-D, let it run for 30 min and everything looks good. So far a nice truck.

i took a video of engine running, will post tonight.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swap out the tires from the tan truck and it looks like you have a new recovery truck. :naner:

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So a San Diego truck ends up for sale in Pennsivania. At least you didn't have to drive to CA.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Closer to a twin than you think.

Each delivered 10/00

Unit numbers within 2 of each other.
Big brother: 94-65859
Twin: 94-65857

VIN within 794
Big brother: 514201 - Build Date Saturday 03-Jun-2000
Twin: 514995 - Build Date Tuesday 06-Jun-2000

Same contract number GC-30F-K002

While Big Brother is the oldest, the Twin joined the Military sooner

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks