• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV-III Starting trouble shooting

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well guys, the CUCV-III that is (hopefully) shown below has a bit of an odd issue that my motorpool will get around to fixing, but I figured I would check and see if you guys had any similar issues and solutions, especially if it's not the obvious.

So, problem: Occasionally, the starter doesn't seem to want to catch. get a odd medium high pitched grind whiz noise. Solution is to shift the truck into drive (engine is not running) come off the brake a bit, back on the brake, put in Park and try again. Repeat until it starts. There are no other issues to my knowledge.

It does have a transmission hump mounted electrical kill switch. Also, a 4x M16 rifle rack in between the two front seats. Seats are standard Chevy, but with heavy duty Army OD Green seat covers. This was a Navy truck that out Property Book Officer scored from DRMO.
20130418_064704.jpg20130418_064709.jpg20130418_064938.jpg20130418_064619.jpg

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure if your truck is a true LSSV (may very well be a LSSV) but lucky for you the LSSV manuals are available for download.

http://www.gmfleet.com/lssv-lmp-manuals.html

Sounds like the starter bendix is bad and needs replacement. Looking at the wiring diagrams and searching the parts manual, the starter should be a regular 12v unit for the Duramax.

Since it is busted, you guys don't need it. I have a buddy in Seoul that will come pick it up. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Warthog. We'd rather keep it as it's filling a shortage here since Maintenance has no contact truck. plus, if it hits DRMO I'll take a loan out to buy it! :p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks