• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New rig!

GM-M1008

Picked up a m1010 for a decent price, it starts and idles and goes into gear. It needs a injection pump and a steering box but beside that is a decent truck. It needs some body work because of the holes the fire company put in it from lights and wires but its 98% rust free.

I have been doing some searching and reading about the electrical on the 1010s. Mine has the duvac box cut off and a bunch of wires just hanging there, so what would be the best thing to do since the blue box is removed but nothing else is done?
m10103.jpgm10102.jpgm1010.jpg

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good save on the truck! If you need parts to restore the electrical, Lord knows there are a lot of CUCV parts truck owners here that can help out with the resto.

Be a great truck to see at the Rausch Creek PA rally in October!

2002ford

Now I know who our bid me. Lol. Good luck with it b/c they are addicting. Can you put up some more pics. I noticed it has a dually rear end in it.:D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang Doug, I didn't even notice that. It's the narrow cab/chassis axle for sure. I can't wait to see how it fits. Too Cool!

2002ford

It looked good in the pics at the auction site. It has a salvage title so I thought it would make a nice doner truck. I am glad to see it get used. We need more pics please..... Mainly how the rear wheels sit inside the wheel wells.

GM-M1008

Ill get pictures when I can. The tires stick out and ill be converting it back to single rear wheel since I have a 14 bolt out of my m1008.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am liking this very much as well. Does it look like the fender wells were opened up a bit?

2002ford

Passenger side looks modified. Unless they went bigger tires it should not of been an issue with tire rub but who know what they did to it. I still love it. When you get a chance see if you can get clearer pics and what is the tire size on back. Again, great job Sir.

GM-M1008

They cut the body for the tires. It has 265/75r16/ on it so they are little bit shorter than the 235s that belong on it. But on a stock 1010 the tires do tuck up under the body just a little. The rear suspension is rigged. 11 leafs on one side and 12 on the other and the shock are put on upsides down. It has add a leaf in the front so the front would be leave if it had the correct leafs in the rear.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm liking this idea myself. Did they use the stock 14bolt? I had a C30 stake bed truck a few years back the had a shorter 14bolt. The outside duals were as wide as the cab. I wonder if this would work with out cutting the body.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks