• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

002 breather

Jimc

Just an unimportant question/observation....I notice the 002 has a crankcase ventilation system on it. A small canister with a hose that runs to the intake. I just find it strange that the 002 has this but the 003 does not. Anyone got any idea why?

massey

From what I understand, the crank on the 002 has both pistons going up and down together creating a lot of windage/pressure in the crankcase. The 003 always has two moving up and two moving down somewhat balancing out the pressure created by the piston movement. In my 002's pulling the dipstick while it's running even with the breather results in a fine mist/splatter from the dipstick tube (leak down on both is negligible), while the 003 there is no pressure or mist with the dipstick pulled while running.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks