• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 Series Videos

KaiserM109

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunzy

The first 3 are an Army training video that I highly recommend all newbies to the M393 series of trucks should watch.

KaiserM109

how can I make copies of this to put on my computer?
I don't know how to copy the whole video, but these are on You Tube and you can get the URL by right clicking the center of the video and selecting "Copy video URL", then going to where ever you want to save it and paste it.

There is a site called "keepvid" all you do is copy the URL from the youtube video to the site and click download. It will ask you what format you want the video in (mp4) usually works. Then you have to choose where the video needs to be saved on the computer. I have used this site before and it works for me. Hope this helps.

ichudov

I have not seen a lot of videos of M939 trucks in serious mud, or hills, I was hoping that we would see more of them. I did enjoy the rally videos, though. Thanks for posting them.

HASSON1911

I cant wait for you guys to dirty your M939s this year at your rally, I wish we could organize on for MN/ND/SD/WI/IA lord knows theres enough swamp for our trucks! I got enough land for several hundred trucks but I'm to far north for everyone!

KaiserM109

Thanks MuleMac01 for your video post !!!

They are not kidding when they say these trucks do not handle the way one might expect !!!

I drove my M923A1 from Ft. Benning, GA to Dallas, TX, then on to Denver, CO, 1800 miles in all. My truck is equipped with ABS brakes and, presumably, the proportioning valve they mention in the video. I also have Michelin XL tires, big knobbies, which are much less than ideal for hard surfaces.

On some of the not-so-great roads in Mississippi I found that the tires will often make it difficult to handle, particularly when the front end bounces. Some of the bridge approaches in MS have no transition, acting like a serious bump, and would actually cause the front tires to grab air. When the truck came down, it was not necessarily pointed in the same direction. I practiced a few panic stops and found its stopping distance was a good bit longer than I expected and did not always stop in a straight line.

I would like to see this video stuck in a ‘sticky’ thread. Every M939 owner should view it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks