• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Southern CUCV M1009 with A/C

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got more pics of the install? It looks great. Love the location of the blackout switches. Is this a heat/cool combo?

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I will get some more pics later of everything. Yes it's all new heat and A/C system. The kit is very good but quite a bit of work. In fact I don't know if I will do it again anytime soon!

I also moved the volt meter down and mounted it using an old STE/ICE bracket. Perfect fit.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I missed that! Super cool job. Is the unit loud? I did an in dash ad on to an 88V3500 crew cab and the unit sounded like a jet taking off inside.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No pics of the engine????? Not acceptable!!!

Another great resto. :beer:

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are a few pics of under the hood. The bracket kit for the compressor is good and comes with a slave pulley to install on the crank. You need to do some good trimming on both battery trays to get everything to fit. Installing the evaporator under the dash takes time and is the most difficult part.

It's not wired up yet...

Attachments

Last edited:

Barrman

Nice install. I would be interested in the Vintage Air part number of the kit. I was only aware of Nostalgia air Products making a bolt on CUCV set of brackets and pulleys until this thread.

Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks