• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Norman, OK - Veterans Day Parade, Sat Nov 9th, 2013

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is that time of year again. Fall starts today, the GA rally is right around the corner, cool temperatures are finally here, the Fair season is upon us.

The Norman OK Veterans Day parade is less than 7 weeks away. I have signed us up again for 12-15 trucks. The main route is the same but the staging area and the start of the route is slightly different. More details will be posted soon.

The parade is on Saturday November 9th this year. Usually it is on Veterans Day

Staging starts at 9:00am and the parade starts at 10:00am

Let me know if you can attend.

The assembly area is at the First Batist Church parking lot off Eufaula St and Webster Ave. The parade will start at Eufaula and move north on Webster, east on Main St, south on James Garner, south on Jenkins to Reeves Park

http://www.ci.norman.ok.us/parks/2012-veterans-day-parade

Attachments

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a call directly from the Parade Committee. They wanted to know how many would be there. Looks like it is just me.

Cleptomaniac

Checked with the wife. Vacation is till the 7th.
So well be there :)
Keep us posted if their is any changes.
Ill try to round up a few more trucks.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be out of town that weekend so someone else needs to take the lead. I think Clepto is a great canidate

Happyland1410

Just a week away. So, are none of the other Oklahoma Convoy group able to make this parade? If I'm the only one I guess I will have to bow out as well. Not much fun to drive 75 miles and then just turn around and drive 75 miles home if no one else is going to be there. :(

If anyone is able to make it chime in here by the middle of next week.

Warthog, if we can't make it is there someone with the parade we need to notify out of courtesy?

Happyland1410

Sorry guys. Wish it would have worked out different.
Are we doing the parade of lights?
I think everyone understands that we all have busy lives and schedules don't always cooperate with our hobby.

Warthog has signed up the group for the Edmond Parade of Lights on December 7th. Unfortunately I will be out of town that weekend. :sad:

Here is the link to the posting about the Edmond Parade:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?114874-Edmond-OK-Parade-of-Lights-Dec-7-2013

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a week away. So, are none of the other Oklahoma Convoy group able to make this parade? If I'm the only one I guess I will have to bow out as well. Not much fun to drive 75 miles and then just turn around and drive 75 miles home if no one else is going to be there. :(

If anyone is able to make it chime in here by the middle of next week.

Warthog, if we can't make it is there someone with the parade we need to notify out of courtesy?
Happyland, no need to be there by yourself.

I'll send the event a note saying we won't be there. Hopefully next year will work out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks