• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AVM Lockout Hubs---Any Failures?

dabtl

I have had the AVM hubs on my trucks for several years. Work fine. No problems.

Has anyone experienced a failure on one of these yet?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put Ouversons on my M35A3. All metal construction compared to AVM. AVM ​contains some plastic. SS member TIE6044 carrys them.

dabtl

I have not heard or seen anyone posting failures here. Seemed that after four or five years use we would have some failures reported, if they were occurring. Gerhrhardt's post was most informative about the Ouverson and AVM lockouts and the differences. That was, hard to imagine, five and a half years ago.

So, I guess the issue of whether or not they would last is no longer an issue.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, many years, really - and plenty of time for them to have their bugs worked out already.
I've never heard anything back from them- about those issues (of course...)
And no failures reported here, either...

G.

dabtl

Your comparison of the two units was extremely good I think. I also think the lack of any complaints is amazing also.

They have sold a bunch of the lock out hubs I think. Oh, well, sometimes good things happen to good people.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know, probably this didn't happen later on...?

It wasn't really bad seals. What it was is those are V-seals and I found two of them came twisted 90deg in their groove, which would NOT keep the water out - if submerged or pressure-washed...
I was able to fix that and actually re-use the same V-seal - since it was only slightly deformed.
I still think (or should say hope...) that the Brazilians did double-check that particular matter, in later batches. I also know that to be safe, John (Jatonka) had inspected the ones he had in stock, at that time - and found nothing wrong.

G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks