• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is there a door limiter to prevent guests from hitting mirrors with the door?

frioman

I first searched Google and Steel Soldiers but didn't get a hit. This is a simple question, but each time I give a newbie a ride in my M923A1 I have to tell them, "Please don't open the door all the way. It will hit the mirror and possibly move it out of proper adjustment".

Do any of you know if some type of door limiter exists that will prevent the door from hitting the mirrors? Thank you in advance for accepting such a simple question on this website.

Update: I considered deleting this post -- I just discovered TNJ Murray lists one for sale, but there is no photo? I'll continue to search.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have broken two mirrors on my trucks. I'm very careful now but for guests a small child's aluminium baseball bat works, wood if you want to pinch hit.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is!

There is also a TM that shows it.

Attachments

frioman

All I found is the TNJ Murray listing, but I don't know if it's a bar, stopper, strap, etc., since there is no photo. Any comments on installation are also welcome. Thank you.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have bent the rod before to adjust the stop location.

A spacer might work well too.

Did you look at your truck before posting? (I've noticed several threads lately where people post before looking at their truck, and I'm trying to understand this phenomena)

frioman

Thanks Doghead, of course...I didn't even think about the TM. I was thinking this might be an aftermarket accessory or something since it doesn't have stops already on it. I appreciate the quick replies.

frioman

I have bent the rod before to adjust the stop location.

A spacer might work well too.

Did you look at your truck before posting? (I've noticed several threads lately where people post before looking at their truck, and I'm trying to understand this phenomena)
I have looked at my truck, but I'll look again. I was expecting some type of strap to stop it from opening so wide. Now I'll try to see if I can locate something that looks like that found in the TM.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a truck that had some washers that were added to the back side of the rubber stop.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my deuce, I just doubled up on the rubber bumper/spacer (item #26 on image above). The rubber spacer/bumper is what stops the door from swinging all the way open. This worked perfect for me.

frioman

I greatly appreciate the tips. I'm relatively new at this, but I'm sure y'all can remember all the stuff you needed to do to bring your vehicle up to speed - fluids, lubrication, adjustments, registration, tires, lighting, and any major mechanical issues. I'm finally getting to the point where I can address some of the less critical items, like the door limiter.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You can swing the mirror bracket out far enough so the door stop will keep the door from contacting the mirror but then you have the problem of the mirror hitting a fixed object or the mirrors of an oncoming truck (this happened to me on more than one occassion when I drove dueces in Germany back in the 70's).