• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door Panel Paint Source?

cucvrus

015.jpgThis is the original 32 year old door panel from the Mule M1009 I removed it from the original door.014.jpgThis is the same door panel after I soaked it in Armor All. I do repaint/redye/recolor door panels. But I have been getting better results on hard use vehicles by just soaking them down for about a week in armor all. This is the re-attached door panel and I did 2015 Chevrolet van window crank handles. I have done a few with the black pull latches I salvaged from some 1990's era WT 1500 Chevrolet pickups. It looked good but not worth the extra effort. The new blue GM arm rests I sprayed with Krylon Fusion Camouflage flat brown paint. It has held up well for me. But I agree. Nothing freshens up the interior more then fresh clean door panels 001.jpg002.jpgThe last 2 pictures are my finished product. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for sharing. rs_500x326-141217151556-TheGrinchCartoonhappy grinch.gif

LastFbody

I've been hesitant to color the door panels themselves since I'm always resting my arm on it, it's a pretty heavy use item. Was gonna see how the sem burgundy held up on the console and my new dash pad before spraying door panels. The end result of your armor all process is pretty nice, and has to be more durable since it's the natural color of the plastic.

I didn't do all that prep work with my console unfortunately. Just did body prep, adhesion promoter, then color. If it doesn't hold up for me, I'll come back and do the more involved (better) method.

It's good that there's finally some definitive information about the name of the interior color. I've been pouring over old forums all year gathering info, and nobody I read could agree on what the color is. Was very confusing for me being new to the cucv scene. Next time I have my door apart (which will be relatively soon) I'll take a picture of the chart with the bronze part number above it and post it here for other new people.

Last edited:

cucvrus

That Bronze color is noted on the glove box/under hood build sheet that is attached. Also the branch of service the truck was built for is on the build sheet. I only ever had 1 that was a 3 color camouflage built for the Navy, several USMC, several Air Force and mostly Army. Did your vehicle still have the build tag attached? Happy Holidays.

cucvrus

DSCF2251.jpgDSCF2250.jpgI was upstairs in the barn looking for parts for an M1009 as a member Dukenukem had stopped by and I came across 2 new GM in box CUCV door panels. I also found a new in box GM dash pad. It is a gray one but still new in box. I knew I had them but had forgotten where they were. I still have a brand new 1/4" Snap-On air ratchet and a few Honda tractor parts I need to locate. I also found 2 M1008 rear brake drums that are used but like new. I just bought 2 this week for Easter Find M1008. Oh well it all ended well and no one was hurt. Happy Holidays. I still have several M1009's to reassemble. Some day. One of these days.

edpdx

I used SEM cleaner and vinyl prep, before shooting my seats with SEM upholstery dye mix ed at my local paint shop to the original color code for those seats. The seats that came in my '09, were beat. I found a very nice pair in the bone yard from a Chevy s10. Same seat in blue. In less than an afternoon, I replaced the house originals: Removed old seats from base, tighten and repainted base in stove flat black, prepped and painted blues seats.

After five or six years, the dye job is just starting to wear on the creases of vinyl.

I shot my dash cap and door panels in n SEM burgandy. They look quite good. I have a few scratches on the panels from the window crank, but I am thinking about crinkle paint, followed by the burgandy on the next paint over.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks