• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mntsnow's recovery and building of The Beast

MtnSnow

Well finally started to warm up and no rain for a few days so I figured I might as well get a couple of the mods I wanted to do out of the way while I had some free time this past weekend. First off I pulled the cargo cover off and stored the bows & uprights in prep for the truck to be used as part of a stage. Then I put my new 5" Donaldson ram air intake on (also have one for the 923). Then I decided I wanted to get started on the (3) Air Ride seats so I put my two group 31 batteries for 24v and the one good 6TL I had for 12v down into the toolbox under the passenger side door. The Power Distribution box with the circuit breakers/fuses fit in the last little bit of space so I am happy! Used the treated wood blocks from the original box to make my spacers and then used all-thread & some uni-strut I had left over from another project to make my tie-downs. (Still need to finish tidying up the solar charger/Power distribution wiring as well as the backup & forward camera wires once the new seating is completed. Now to go find a 22" x 42" x 1/4" piece of steel to use as the base plate for the two seats that will replace where the OEM battery box/bench seat was.
IMG_0445.jpg 20160503_120236.jpg 20160503_120238.jpg 20160503_120218.jpg

More to come as things progress!

MtnSnow

Well supposed to have a few nice days in a row so after work I rushed home and got the first coat of Behr Marquee Exterior in 383 Green applied.
Hopefully tomorrow after work I will get the second coat on and touch up some of the spots that are tricky to get into. All in all this is so much better than the faded out camo it was originally and eventually I'll actually a strip/sanding/sandblasting job on the whole truck but this will tie me over until then :)

20160511_182207.jpg 20160511_182201.jpg 20160511_182223.jpg 20160511_182237.jpg 20160511_182255.jpg 20160511_182311.jpg 20160511_182323.jpg

And how it looked originally....

IMG_20150123_120219063_HDR.jpg IMG_20141218_162346252.jpg IMG_20150123_120306287.jpg

MtnSnow

Well since today is my day off I finished hitting the spots that needed to do from the day earlier. Then I went and put my LED rear stop/turn lights in. Still need to swap out the fronts but I need to look up what folks are doing to get the front "park" lights to also be on when in Service Drive. and then I'll work on doing them another day as I will need to paint the front's green as they are Tan (forgot that they were)...

MtnSnow

Stopped over at my storage lot and played with a new toy. (It's a DJI Phantom 4 Drone)

https://youtu.be/uEwntKRo72k

Tomorrow have a few small things to get done on the M925 so it will be ready for the following weekend's big car/truck show called the Sounds Of Freedom where I'm letting Gunzy borrow my truck to be used as a part of a stage for the event.

MtnSnow

Well got a couple of things done yesterday on the M925a2.
Fixed my PR-2 Valve (Pressure Protection Valve) which had a broken O-ring in it.
Also got my stock air horns working (wire broken inside the steering column aka not getting ground when pressing button).
I also installed a set of Wolo Model 848 Train horns (Siberian Express) and I have to say they have a much better tone & are louder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDS993cFZA4

Still have a couple of things that need to be fixed such as drivers side front marker light, and install my LED headlights. Which I plan on doing tomorrow afternoon after the local gunshow.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Well got a couple of things done yesterday on the M925a2.
Fixed my PR-2 Valve (Pressure Protection Valve) which had a broken O-ring in it.
Also got my stock air horns working (wire broken inside the steering column aka not getting ground when pressing button).
I also installed a set of Wolo Model 848 Train horns (Siberian Express) and I have to say they have a much better tone & are louder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDS993cFZA4

Still have a couple of things that need to be fixed such as drivers side front marker light, and install my LED headlights. Which I plan on doing tomorrow afternoon after the local gunshow.
Another not on the PR2 valve. If it is not leaking air as a first sign it is bad. Its second tell tell failure sign is that your air release off the dryer will quickly pass air for a split second and do it repeatedly for about 15 seconds and do it again 45 seconds later.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks